Days Monday - Friday
Time 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm (and all Statutory Holidays)
Location: 200-3219 Eby Street
What We Do
TDCSS Counselling and Support Services provides counselling and prevention services in Terrace and area. If you are concerned about your own or someone else's alcohol or drug problems call us at 250-635-3178 or 1-888-795-6111 for problem gambling support outside of Terrace. There is no cost to clients for our services as funding is provided by Northern Health and BC Responsible Gambling Program. Information is available on the effects of substance use and problem gambling. Confidential, individualized counselling/education is available for adults whose life is or has been negatively affected by alcohol, drug use and/or gambling. Family, couple, and group counselling is offered when related to addiction issues.
We provide education presentations and activities geared toward increasing awareness about the harmful effects of drugs, alcohol and gambling.
Check our website for employment opportunities or send your resume and cover letter through the mailed, emailed or delivered in person to our Terrace office. Alternatively, download the TDCSS Job Application (pdf), fill it out and submit to TDCSS to apply to all TDCSS programs.
Call 250-635-3178 or email email@example.com for further information
TDCSS Counselling and Support Services provides individual, couples and familiy counselling and prevention services in Terrace.
If you are concerned about your own or someone else's alcohol or drug problems, our addiction counselling program can help you. call us at 250-635-3178 or for gambling problems, outside of Terrace, 1-888-638-8117 for mor information. There is no cost to clients for our addiction counselling and problem gambling services. These services are funded through Northern Health, and BC Responsible & Problem Gambling Program, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.
What Can We Do?
- We provide information on the effects of substance use, problem gambling and concurrent disorder.
- We offer individualized, confidential counselling/support to anyone whose life is being negatively affected by alcohol, drug use and gambling problems.
- In addition to individual counselling, we offer family, couples and group counselling when requested.
- We make appropriate referrals to detox, residential or other specialized treatment centers.
- We provide prevention programs, workshops or seminars geared towards increasing the level of awareness of alcohol, drug use and gambling problems.
- Do you ever lose time from work or school due to substance or gambling misuse?
- Do your friends or family ever comment on your substance or gambling use or the effect it is having on them?
- Has your reputation ever suffered because of your substance and/or gambling use?
- Do you ever feel guilty about your substance and/or gambling use, or the effect it is having on you?
- Have you ever suffered any financial or legal difficulties as a result of your substance and/or gambling use?
- Are your preferred friends substance or gambling abusers?
- Do you find yourself drinking/using alone more often?
- Are you spending time away from family and friends in order to gamble?
- Has medical treatment or hospitalization ever been necessitated by your substance use?
- Have you ever used a “morning eyeopener” to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
- Have you ever been arrested for driving under the influence?
How Can You Access Our Services?
You can either drop by the office or phone to make an appointment.
Counselling and Support Services Files
150 Way to Show Your Kids You Care PDF (78 KB)
Client complaint/satisfaction form DOC (41 KB)
Complaint/Satisfaction Form PDF (22 KB)
Living Room Project PDF (1 MB)
Now What? PDF (786 KB)
NWADS Pamphlet PDF (555 KB)
Questions and Answers Booklet PDF (273 KB)
Addictions and Recovery Links
Association of Substance Abuse Programs of BC
BC Health Services
BC Partnership for Responsible Gambling
Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
Centre for Addictions Research of BC
Here to Help
Talk to Frank