Job Opportunities » TDCSS General Employment Information
Posted on 2016-09-24
Job Title:TDCSS General Employment Information
Compensation:As per the Collective Agreement
Job Description and Requirements:
Do you enjoy working with people?
Do you love a challenge?
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you like to learn new things?
If you are a person looking for a rewarding and challenging career, you may be interested in becoming a TDCSS Community Living support worker.
If you consider yourself to be:
· Good at verbal and written communication
· Interested in helping people
Apply with us!
Working with people with disabilities can be a rewarding and challenging career path.
The TDCSS Community Living Services provides on the job training. The training and experience you receive while employed with the TDCSS Community Living Services will be an asset to you.
You will work in a team environment, improve your communication skills, problem solving skills, and understand that all behaviour is communication.
TDCSS provides training or supports staff members to attend training that includes:
At TDCSS Community Living Services, our staff members must provide us with:
- How to communicate with people
- How to respond in challenging situations
- How to keep yourself safe if there is an earthquake, a fire, a gas leak etc.
- How to keep the people you are supporting safe if there is a medical emergency
- First Aid
- Report writing and documentation – what to report, where to report and who we report to
- How to provide respectful supports and services
- Behaviour Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Information about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Information about Sign Language
- Information about a variety of medical and mental conditions
· A Medical clearance letter from your doctor
· A Clear Criminal Record check
· Three references (two work and one personal reference will do)
Our staff must be
· 19 years of age or older
· Be comfortable working with computers (or be willing to learn)
· Willing to provide personal care assistance
TDCSS Community Living employees:
· Work shift work
· Work on weekends and holidays
· Attend required training as a condition of employment
· Are available on call- this includes being called in to work with short notice
This position requires union membership.
This position is open to male and female applicants.