Who We Are
TDCSS is a non-profit society that provides a variety of services to members of our community. At EmployAbilities we help match the people in our program with the needs of employers. We provide on the job training and regular follow-up with the employer to ensure success. Eventually participants in the program are able to work independently, with natural supports.
We stay involved, and follow up regularly with the employer and step in to assist whenever necessary. Whether it’s teaching new skills, helping the team learn about their new co-worker, or problem solving with the participant and employer, we are here for support.
Through work experience programs and coaching, we assist our participants in becoming successful and independent in their careers.
· To support you in finding a paid job that matches your
skills and interest
· To help you find paid employment in your chosen field
· To provide on the job support to assist you in learning
· To help you become independent at your job by slowly
· Provide you with information and transportation resources to identify how you will get to and from work
· To identify people in your community who will attend an
initial meeting with us to aid in goal planning
· To be active in the discovery process and assist in the
creation of a job seeker profile
· Help us identify who could be a long term support for you
· Meet monthly with EmployAbilities team to review your goal
How do I become a part of the Employ Abilities Program?
It’s easy, just follow these 5 steps!
1. Go see a Facilitator, Leah or Elizabeth, at Community Living British Columbia at 4741 Park Avenue.
2. When you get there tell one of the Facilitators that you would like to find employment.
3. After you speak to them, if you are eligible for our services, you may be put on a waiting list.
4. Once it is your turn you will be referred to Employ Abilities.
5. When Employ Abilities gets your referral they will contact you and start supporting you with finding employment.
Office: 250 635 7995
Cellphone: 250 615 6407
Fax: 250 635 6319
Community Living BC
Office: 250 638 2311