Health & Safety Committee
Purpose of the Committee
To identify and resolve Health & Safety problems in our work places, after all avenues have been exhausted within the specific programs.
- Committee members are made of up of two appointees from the employer (Brenda Rasko and Christina Losier) and an equal number of appointees from the union.
Functions of the Committee
- Make recommendations for the establishment and enforcement of safety and health policies and practices.
- To work to identify health and safety issues and make recommendations to correct them.
- Advise on and promote safety and health programs for the education and information of the employer and employees.
- Receive and handle health & safety issues, and make recommendations only after the immediate supervisor and/or program manager has been notified of the problem and have been given the opportunity to remedy the situation.
- Maintain records regarding complaints received and the resolution of those complaints.
- Participate in inspections at places of employment concerning the safety and health of workers. This will be done in teams of two; 1 program representative and 1 other person.
The committee will meet monthly.
Composition of the Committee
The committee shall consist of up to eight (8) members, but not less than four (4). One person from each of the programs, one person from administration, and the HR Manager
Health and Safety Files
Occupational Health & Safety Committee Links
CPR and First Aid Training
Employee Assistance Program
LifeWorks EAP Program & website Login name is ?health? ?all lower case Password is ?Support"
Provincial Emergency Program
What does bullying and harassment mean for you and your workplace?